Student Post – January 6, 2015 – Culled from the 2014 Summer class
1. “Want to be a billionaire? Do this: solve a billion dollar problem OR solve a billion people’s problem.” — Naveen Jain
2. “After your first 12 years, you become a know-it-all. It’s simply the nature of intelligent beings. Now, we’re all tasked with re-gaining the template of being open or facing impending stagnation.” — Dr. Joon Yun
3. “You’re always better off renting; software, office, staff, etc. ” — Joel Yarmon
4. “There’s honestly no better customer in the world than the desperate mom. That’s why I love direct-to-consumer marketing in the education industry.” — Dave McClure
5. “Once you get OPM (other-people’s-money), you officially have a boss. Entrepreneurs have bosses too. ” — Trip Hawkins
6. “Experts will either tell you why it can’t be done or give you an incrementally better idea. So, if you have a brilliantly disruptive idea, never go to an expert.” — Naveen Jain
7. “All technologies are combinations of technologies that already exist. Nothing is truly new.” — Steve Jurvetson
8. “It’s okay to say ‘no’ to unreasonable people. Protecting your network and reputation is paramount.” — Heidi Roizen
9. “When the going gets tough. Grab a partner. And MOSH.” — Chocolate Heads Movement Band
10. “It’s an incredible sight to watch when the unstoppable force meets the immovable object.” — Tim Draper
Interested in an opportunity of a lifetime? Apply today: http://draperuniversity.com//apply/.
~ Guest post by Adé O. who is from Maryland and was part of DU’s Summer 2014 Class.