January 14, 2015 - Humankind has been trying to predict the future since the beginning of time. Let’s look at some of the Silicon Valley predictions for entrepreneurs, startups, venture capitalists in 2015:
1. Bitcoin/Blockchain will continue to play an important role in our lives.
Venture capitalists and angel investors invested more than US$250 million in 2014, and you can expect even more in 2015.
2. There will be a growing need for better data utilization.
You've got your CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and now: CDOs?
3. Machine learning will leave everybody wanting more.
With mass adoption of Google Now and Siri, consumers and venture capitalists can only expect more goodies.
4. Two industry titans are beginning to sweat...profusely.
5. Cybersecurity budgets will grow, and possibly explode.
Being “Sony’d” is a verb now. To all entrepreneurs and startups working on this issue: take the publicity with Sony and run with it!
6. Silicon Valley fully wakes up to health care.
“Healthcare represents nearly 18% of US GDP (and rising), making it perhaps the biggest market opportunity for venture capitalists and investors anywhere.”
These trends are changing the world as we know it. Stay ahead of the curve and come to Draper University's entrepreneurship program where you'll meet the movers and shakers behind these predictions. Apply now for our Spring 2015 class at http://draperuniversity.com//apply-2/.