San Mateo, CA – July 15, 2014 – This fall, Draper University will welcome its 7th residential class and 4th online class to its innovative entrepreneurship program. Draper University teaches students real-world skills and gives them the hands-on experience they need to start a business and go on to change the world. This fall class also marks the first time that over $35,000 in scholarships is available to aspiring entrepreneurs in the incoming class. Six innovators from Silicon Valley have generously sponsored the following scholarships in their name to help support various types of entrepreneurs:
- Jesse Draper, CEO of Valley Girl, Inc and creator & host of “The Valley Girl Show”: One full scholarship for a female entrepreneur
- Andy Tang, Managing Director of AAB Technology Ventures: One $5k scholarship for an entrepreneur with a global vision
- Bill Draper, Prominent American Venture Capitalist: One $5k scholarship for an entrepreneur with a nonprofit vision
- Robert Dang, Partner at Fortis General Counsel: One $6k scholarship for a female entrepreneur with a background in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
- Petra Vorsteher, Co-founder of Smaato: One $5k scholarship for a German entrepreneur
- Draper Nexus, DFJ Global Network based in Silicon Valley & Japan: One $5k scholarship for a Japanese entrepreneur
To apply for any of the above scholarships, candidates must indicate which scholarship they’re applying for in the application: http://draperuniversity.com//apply/. The final application deadline for the Fall 2014 Class is August 8, 2014.
The Jesse Draper Scholarship
The top three candidates for Jesse Draper’s scholarship will have a one-on-one interview with Jesse, and the final scholarship recipient will develop an ongoing relationship with Jesse well beyond their time at Draper University. This is an amazing opportunity to receive mentorship from a fellow female entrepreneur who is pioneering the way in digital media and supporting women in business. Recently named "The Tech World's Queen of Networking," Jesse is connected to some of the greatest minds in business, entertainment, government, and technology, and she will be an extraordinary resource as students set out on their entrepreneurial journey.
“I try to interview 50% female technology entrepreneurs on my show and there are just not enough out there. I am really excited to help support a woman going through this pipeline for entrepreneurship and also to encourage the next generation of female entrepreneurs.” -Jesse Draper